Beebe + BunBun = 2GETHA 4EVA! A good friend from work recently moved on to greener pastures. As a going away gift, our team gave her adoption papers for BunBun, a jack rabbit puppet that Beebe adored and kept propped up next to her desk. As part of Beebe’s gift, I made a felt carrot for BunBun. Here’s a quick craft project you can work on for the veggie-lover in your life:
- orange felt
- green felt
- pinking shears (or fabric scissors)
- polyester batting
- optional: sewing machine
- Sew squiggly lines on the orange felt. No need to be precise!
- Fold the felt in half then sew a carrot-shaped line down one side. Trim outside the line.
- Flip the fabric inside out, then stuff the carrot with batting.
- Cut leaves out of the green felt. Cut a slit through the middle of the leaves . I opted to create Sideshow Bob-like leaves with pinking shears.
- Stuff the top of the carrot through the slit in the green felt. Gather the felt then hand-stitch the leaves and carrot together.
- Ta-da! You, too, can create a carrot faster than it takes to say, “What’s up, Doc?”!